I don't f**k with resolutions as a general rule, but I do want to write more this year, and this blog is as convenient a place as any to start, right? 24 posts last year??? Pathetic. I will stay committed to the long form written word until my dying breaths. You heard it here, first (and by that I mean, not for the first, nor last, time).
Like most of you, I've been busy. Everything has been happening on a maximal level. But I haven't stopped with the inputs and I haven't stopped with the heaving, churning mass of thoughts, reflections, half-cocked analysis, rapidly-to-be-renounced-opinions-made-on-the-fly and the like. They're here and they need to be committed to the ether, lest in my dotage I forget (somehow!) what a half-formed lump of clay I was.
I'm here. I will write. I will record. It's going to happen.
This is my vow to you, my dear readership of...3? 4? Maaaaybe 5?
I hope this new year brings you fire and resolve and words/actions that will force their way out into the world.
For the record, I spent my NYE with my Dotytron, at an old skool jungle party in the basement of a local pizza place. It was tiny and the sound wasn't loud and it was only marginally better than blasting tunes at home, but I saw a dude who looked like Anthony Kiedis reinvented as a circus ringleader and I got to yam a pound of wings at 2am and it only took me five minutes to drive home...so all told, it wasn't that bad. Plus, more importantly, they were very tasteful about the countdown. I hate me an extended countdown like few things on earth. I can feel myself getting bored with all the turning and hugging and "Happy New Year"-ing strangers (I only f**k with extended hugging when it's people I know and love) and the public kissing. I also hate how Auld Lang Syne has to go to such a dark place.
Recently, Dr. Rei had to talk me down from the ledge when I went to an Auld Lang Syne place too quickly. I hate how f**king sad that song is, mang. THERE'S NO REASON WHY IT SHOULD BE LIKE THAT.
Anyway, that was me. Now I'm on "vacation" but our caregiver is away this week and we've been dealing with a rotating round of stomach bugs (just the kids so far, *knocks wood frantically*) so it's a wonder I'm even able to steal these 10 minutes to myself to pound this out. I DID IT FOR YOU (read: me). IT'S ALWAYS BEEN FOR YOU (read: me).
Fin.
Tuesday, January 03, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment