Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A perfect night

Sometimes, everything comes together and you have a perfect night.


It's just shy of 9pm, so maybe some people will say it's too early to call it, but since I'm going to bed in about T-minus 10 seconds, I think it's safe to say: tonight was a perfect night.


Even though I woke up at 5:45am.  Even though I ran 5 km this morning and didn't shower and thus couldn't have looked more like hell at work if I tried.  Even though I spent all day in a "Presenting with Confidence" workshop (that was actually surprisingly good!), everything came together and it was a great evening.



We had a mezes meal picnic outside.  Hummous, olives, tzatiki, fried haloumi, tomato-cucumber-mint salad, whole wheat pitas.  


The Big Yam was being the best.  He was in one of his funny, jokey, good-natured, listening, helpful zones (all those factors coming together is rare) and we didn't have a single hiccup.  He learned a new word "lemon!" and put together a new sentence "go again!" and he was a treat and a joy to be around.  Just a good little buddy to be hanging with and I didn't notice or miss the absence of adult company.


We went to the park.  And this happened.  And I caught video footage of the Big Yam going down the big slide.  His signature move is sitting down on his bum-bum like, 5 feet away from the edge of the slide and taking 10 minutes to creep his way forward.  It's pretty cute (although frustrating for other kids waiting to get on).


video
And we also played this fun game with a squirt bottle where I basically sprayed water directly into his mouth and he thought it was a riot.  We came home and had bath and stories and I did his flash cards and he surprised me by shouting out almost all the numbers from 1-10 in Cantonese.  Smart little Boobla.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes I'm a lucky, lucky button.  *Knocks on a million pieces of wood*


Fin.

No comments: