Thursday, May 17, 2012

Long weekend! Long weekend!

Come to Lagerfeld, long weekend!  I took tomorrow off from work.  We're heading out to Geneseo and we're hoping against hope that if the Dotytron can zip out of work right when the bell tolls, we can be on the road at 4pm and maybe beat the traffic.  That would mean making it down to Geneseo nice and early enough to be able to see our niece and nephews and spend some time with them and get settled in.  But I have a bad feeling that even leaving at 4pm won't be early enough to avoid the rush-hour, get-the-hell-outta-dodge, gridlock on the QEW.

The Dotytron has got 4 interviews so far...so please do wish him luck!  It will be SO NICE to head to Geneseo and not have to think about our lives and to give my sis and Uncle Rico a hand with taking their minds of their own very busy and stressful lives.

It was me and the Boobla tonight.  We had steak sandwiches and played outside and had baths and read stories.  It was lovely. He seems to be pretty much over his incessant whinyness and now it's just a general whinyness phase.

I got a really good idea from a colleague.  She created a little teeny, tiny, personal tumblr for her kids to share with relatives, grandparents, etc.  She uploads photos and pictures of their artwork and stuff - little snippets to capture their childhood.  I thought this was FANTASTIC so I've copied it.  I made a tumblr for the Big Yam where I can post random shots and videos and his favorite things and his words.  I thought it'd be nice for him to have and look back on later...a nice record of his childhood.

The Big Yam's Big Life: a blog about a little Big Yam in a big big world.

I don't expect you lot (all 10 of you) to be interested, but it's there if you ever want to check in on what's happening in his world, or if you just want a place to see cute photos of him and find out how his vocabulary is progressing.  Surprise to no one: GRANDPARENTS LOVE THIS KIND OF THING!  LOL.  Pretty sure Momma D lost her damn mind when I sent her the link.  Hahaha!  Yes!  Outlaw-daughter brownie points!  Hopefully this makes up for the myriad ways I surely must annoy her on the regular.

In other exciting news, MHui alerted me to the opening of A NEW RAMEN RESTAURANT OPENED BY GUU.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AKA - every dream I've ever dreamed and every hope I've ever dared to hope, realized.  It's called Kinton Ramen and it looks AMAZING.  Dotytron and I are set to have a dinner and a movie night in a couple of weeks.  I'm so torn about where I want to go!  Really, all I've wanted to eat lately is Asian food.  I get it, I get it.  Hopgood's Foodliner, the Ace, 416Snackbar, Chantecler, and Yours Truly are all generating huge buzz.  But I care not!  I really, truly, only want to eat at Guu.  It's just my favorite place/thing in the world.  I can't help it!  I dunno...maybe we'll try to get into General Electric first thing and see if those tacos are really worth the trip to dodge (and the wait at dodge).  I really just want to eat good, affordable food, surrounded by Asians with no hipsters and no jostling and no attitude.  Luckily, in Toronto, that's not too much to ask...it just requires that you won't be eating at whatever "buzz-worthy" restaurant has been designated so by the glitterati (or Toronto Life) and instead you'll be eating like, Bamiyan kebabs and occasionally getting food poisoning from Babu.  Can you handle it?  I can.

Fin.

No comments: