Wednesday, October 05, 2011

BAND CAMP


The Dotytron has abandoned us for the next 3 days for Band Camp which has me super-bummed. Although there's a slight chance that me and the Big Yam might be able to join him up there - which would be THE BEST! It's about an hour and a half away on the banks of Lake Simcoe and I think it would be a nice little fun getaway for the three of us...especially since the Dotytron is already gutted that he's going to be away from us for so long and I'm equally gutted that he's going to be gone for the tail half of the end of my maternity leave.


Dinner on Monday - whole wheat penne with roasted eggplant, roasted garlic, cherry tomatoes, and basil. Also a spoonful of kalamata olive paste thrown in there in lieu of whole smashed olives, which is how I usually make this pasta. We had the roomie over for dinner and served this alongside my current favorite salad - baby arugala with grated parm, dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. So simple but so delicious.

Just waiting to hear back on whether we're going to Band Camp or not...cross your fingers for us! We really really really want to go! But even if we stay, we'll have fun...just not as much.

Fin.

No comments: