Friday, September 02, 2011

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

This life is a terrible, terrible slog sometimes. We've had some bad news around these parts. I'm not ready to talk about it, but I might take a little hiatus from ye olde blog while we regroup.
Then again, I may not. I find it cathartic writing, even if it's just recapping the mundane details of my day. It adds a regularity and rhythm to my life. The motivation to record what I've done, who I've seen, (what I've eaten), is a way for me to stand up to entropy. To forever imprint the fact that I happened, this happened into the ether of the internet. I like collecting my thoughts and reflecting on things and the ability to potentially be more eloquent than I ever am in the moment.
So I may or may not. It depends on what life demands of me.
The Dotytron took today off. I've already taken the Boobla Khan to the park where he sat in the wading pool and swung on the swings and had his lunch alfresco. We're headed out to Etobicoke to visit with Nany and to eat BBQ at Paul and Sandy's for dinner (we've re-implemented Friday Night Take Out Night now that summer vacation is over). We're hoping to get back in time to hang with Dr. Rei and Hanbo and Dr. Rei's bro while they're in the east end on their own Burger's Priest mission.
Wednesday night's dinner was a grilled steak caesar salad with a caprese salad

Last night's dinner was a corn, bacon & scallion sauté, with blanched green beans tossed in mustard vinaigrette and a maple-mustard glazed salmon fillet



Fin.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Just wanted to send you a big hug. Hopefully things will be okay
xoxo