Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quickly...

Trying to get my portion of the group research paper done during nap intervals. This post is going to be mostly photos. We're heading out to hang out with Hanbo today and do a west-end/Ronceys stroll...weeee!

Here's a photo of the Big Yam reppin' Toronto and the Cadillac Lounge, looking like a big boy:


Monday night's dinner. A kind of deconstructed carbonara - bacon crisped in a pan and set aside to drain. Tagliatelle cooked in salted water, drained in a colander with the baby spinach and baby arugala inside already (so that they wilt a bit), everything tossed with a heap of grated parm and topped with a poached egg and salt and pepper:


Last night I made us a yellow/green bean salad, topped with sliced cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, crumbled Bulgarian feta, and the roasted garlic-dijon vinaigrette from last week, loosened up with a lemon's worth of juice. Sided with warmed pita and more pan-fried haloumi - because we're haloumi obsessed currently:


I also took advantage of the last day of the cold front to crank the oven and make a strawberry rhubarb pie. I was worried it wouldn't thicken enough, but it looks pretty good! I've wrapped it and frozen it until Saturday, when I hope to cut into it with Dr. Rei and Co.:




Last dodgeball game until the fall tonight! We're hoping to bike there and back as part of our "Boot Camp"

Fin.

2 comments:

attila said...

here's a picture of me repping the cadillac lounge http://www.thinsite.net/photoblog/index.php?showimage=690

karl lagerfeld, esquire said...

LOL!!! I remember that beauty.