Saturday, May 05, 2007

shocker

shocker #1: i GOT TIRED last night. like, barely-keep-my-eyes-open, falling-asleep-on-the-couch, 12am tired. i NEVER get tired. my m.o. is that i'm a ball of energy. it was weird...it was bound to happen eventually i guess. that coupled with a girl-talk crisis meant that nfa so didn't happen last night (i'm sorry coach! i'm going to call you today to apologize for being ultimo bailer).

shocker #2: remember that piece of poo paper? the 20 pager that was almost 500 words under and that i wrote in 6 hours? I GOT AN 88%. what the- ?!?!??? how does that happen? i didn't even proof-read! i just ran it through spell-check! i'm flabbergasted, and i'm shocked that this program seems to have NO INTENTION of teaching me a lesson and letting be slacker-tron 3000.

shocker #3: those moroccan sandwiches are HELLA good. for something you can throw together in about 15 minutes, they were delicious.

shocker #4: i found TWO pairs of pants yesterday at urban outfitters, my size, $10 each! so my business casual wardrobe has been effectively sorted out. i LOVE fashion right now. i feel like the past couple of years were not for me (skinny jeans, overtly 80s electro-influenced)...whereas now is a very ME time. peter pan collars, trapeze shapes, lots of volume, shrunken jackets, the patterns aren't as garish or kid-like, WIDE-LEGGED PANTS, kinda flowy and vaguely hippie/60s mod styles. love love love!!!

shocker #5: i ate like 5 billion hard-boiled eggs yesterday (okay fine, 3). is that gross? there's something about hard-boiled eggs that destroy my will to resist. i can eat a dozen of 'em. and if they've been DEVILED?!? there's nothing from here to eternity that could stand in my way. deviled eggs aren't really rinsed all that often anymore, and it saddens me. maybe for my birthday this year i'll make 24 deviled eggs and eat them all. i find the idea of stinking like eggs kind of hilarious.

i want to go out dancing. BAD. i haven't been since school ended and it hurts me. and right now i'm listening to rick ross which is just exacerbating the problem. maybe we'll go to supermarket tonight?

tonight for dinner we're going to have seared sesame-seed encrusted salmon with a lime aioli, alongside a cold soba noodle salad with julienned carrot, radish, cucumber and scallions dressed in a rice wine vinaigrette. alongside this room temperature spicy broccoli i do, that's steamed broccoli with a dressing of garlic, chilis, sugar, lemon, soy and sesame oil. with leftover banana cream pie for dessert.

fin.

1 comment:

T said...

"there's something about hard-boiled eggs that destroy my will to resist. i can eat a dozen of 'em. and if they've been DEVILED?!? there's nothing from here to eternity that could stand in my way."

ah, it's comments like these that leave me feeling secure in the notion that we were destined to be friends, even if we live so far apart now! dude, you have NO IDEA how much I love hb eggs and deviled to boot! I made some for Lisa's 30th b-day party and they were a hit. People either love em or hate em...I'm def on the love side of that equation! :)